Gorenjska gradbena družba d. d. was established in 1962 as Cestno podjetje Kranj, a company for road maintenance and construction.
Gorenjska gradbena družba d.d. was established in 1962 as Cestno podjetje Kranj, a company for road maintenance and construction. The name itself shows the basic activity of the company at the time of its establishment.
In 2006, the Engineering Department was established within the company, which, through its activities, began to carry out work on structural engineering facilities.
Due to the expansion of its activities, and better visibility in the market, Cestno podjetje was renamed Gorenjska gradbena družba, d.d. in 2011.
Today, Gorenjska gradbena družba carries out works such as:
- Road maintenance and construction, including construction of underground infrastructure (sewerage, water supply etc.).
- Construction of civil engineering works (bridges, tunnels etc.).
- Construction of residential and industrial facilities.
- Production of asphalt, concrete and stone aggregates (its own laboratory monitors the quality of these products).
- Manufacture and assembly of metal products and structures.
- Engineering business – implementing and selling its own facilities.
- Design for civil engineering.
In terms of size and scope of operations, Gorenjska gradbena družba d.d. is the leading construction company in Gorenjska, and one of the leading companies in Slovenia. For some time now, the operational area of the company is not only in Gorenjska, but now covers the entire territory of Slovenia. In the last few years, the company has also been carrying out work in neighbouring countries.